Hever Castle our home for the week


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent
March 29th 2010
Published: April 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Monday 29.3.2010 day 166
Hever Castle our home for the week
The place we are staying at in Kent was originally part of the Hever Castle estate, it was a dairy farm, which supplied the Hever estate and surrounding villages with milk. Hever Estate used to consist of the castle, church and farmland. The cottage we are staying in used to be the calf pens.
Hever Castle was the childhood home of Anne Boleyn who was King Henry VIII second wife she was also Queen Elizabeth the first’s mother. Henry loved her so much that he renounced Catholicism and created the Church of England. Anne Boleyn only was the queen of England for 1,000 days.
We have not been on the internet much in the last two weeks so we checked our mail today. There was soooo much, I ended up spending lots of time sorting out all the stuff in my email and paying bills etc. How can there be so many bills problems etc back home to deal with when you are travelling around the world for a year? I also had a look at the cash for cars website and asked then for a quote on my car as we are trying to sell it. Spent so much time on the computer we did not have time to go out. It was a cold rainy day today so I hope it will be better tomorrow.




Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb