Rubbish Game, but still 3 points!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Gillingham
October 2nd 2006
Published: October 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

111

Big Bas Savage was shy when it came to having his picture taken
Gills Vs Cheltenham Town.

As promised we have some new pictures from saturdays game, taken on my new sony ericsson k800i. 3.2 megapixel cybershot thingy! That's why there's more than usual cos i was playin with it.

The game it self was not only a must win for Gills, but in my eyes, one we should easily win. Far be it us to think we r the big team but lets be honest, there's something drastically wrong if we can't beat this lot. And do you know what, there is. It is called our defense, or lack of it now dirty Sancho is injured!!
We Don't hold our line, no one calls for offsides, when that 's the system we triy to play and Mr Johnson continues to try and cuddle all strikers that go near him!! Its such a shame as i used to really rate him. Cox is ok but just switches off. It's as if sometimes his brain says move but the legs don't follow. Danny Jackman was fine and Jupp looks like he needs a rest. Could do with being subbed for Clohssey on 69mins for instance.

The general problem came after 20 mins
222

Willis returns in front of the camera to show us the new, bigger programme!
or so when we were a goal to the good thanks to our saviour this season, the Jarvis Express! It's gettin to the stage now, when he goes through on goal u just expect them to go in!
We went to sleep from a corner, again and twice failed to clear it out of our half. The back 4 were slow out ansd they popped the ball over the top fro the guy who took the corner to run in and score, albeit off a deflection off Johnson.

We then went up a gear which was pleasing but again nearly gifted then a goal when their forward missed from six yards!!Lovejoy!! From a corner in first half stoppage time, Clint easton swung in a second cross and Mark Bentley scored with a fine header. I think he is our best player in the air, and is proving a good aquisition so far as he has set up a few goals as wel as bag 3 from midfield himself.

Second half we started bright but then went almost terribly wrong again. Clint easton was withdrawn and new signing, Big Bas Savage was put on with Jarvis reverting to the
333

All new panoramic!
Wing. Thats fine but when you remember Jarvis has played 180 mins this week plus todays game upfront, he was a little tired and could not cover defensivley as well as usual. Savage was a bit tame for me and rumor has it he scored 1 in 49 for bristol city last term. He should fit right in!! Gills huffed and puffed but to be honest they all look tired and the small squad is starting to show, especially as Jepson seems very reluctant to make subs and won't use the genius of pouton. I Wonder which side he will put out against Forest in the trophy in a few weeks time.
Back to the game and we just got worse and in the last 5 mins contrived to try and throw it all away and have only Flanders to thank for making 2 great instinctive saves. Hope he stays, he is learning well.

So we got 3 points from a game we should have won comfortably but did not play well in. We've lost a few where we have played excellent so i suppose it balances it out, but that dosen't stop me having a heart attack everytime
444

The F has not been replaced! Perhaps Mr Flynn has to pay for it?
we have to defend. I'm glad there's no mid-week game this week as the boys all look tired and need to be fresh for the games ahead. Crewe away and Forest Home twice in 4 days. After that will be hopefully my second away trip of the season to Brentford at Griffin Park.

Up the Gills

Hope the pics look better

Random


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

55
5

Second half action
66
6

Which of these balls was first to be booted over the Gordon Road stand?
77
7

Some of the player thank the Rainham End for Staying to the end of a poor second half.


4th October 2006

all new time capturing device
hey random man your new device works a treat. the picture of willis was almost like having her sitting in the same room. all you need now is some mental video clips which you can capture on a new motion time capturing device thingy. excellant. still waiting for the brighton trip blog oh yeah i'm a casino junky. laters dude boony

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb