I'm starting to get the hump now!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Gillingham
September 1st 2006
Published: September 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

1 Away fans1 Away fans1 Away fans

I didn't expect them to bring this many fans, but credit to them they came and sang!!
Gills vs Scumthorpe.

Our first home evening ko. Nice and warm under the floodlights. Friday night games are a bit rare down here but i was looking forward to this one. Nevermind.

Honestly, we flew out of the traps tonite, right from the kick off. Jarvis to mullers, back again then out wide and forced a corner. After 3 mins we'd had 3 chances and after 10 mins we'd had 5. Most players had a chance to score for us in the first half hour. For me Flynn was most guilty misssing an easy lob and Jarvis most unlucky.
Big Dave needs to learn that after beating 5 players to lay the ball off. He must be a bitch to play against at 5-aside. Jupp missed a free header.
So u know wots comming don't ya.
From a corner, Flynn was too busy telling everyone wot to do he lost his man who headed down at the back post and straight through the keepers legs! 1-0.

5 Mins later, we get caught on the break and their players runs unchallenged from the halfway line and calmy slots the ball past the keeper, who didn't come out early
2 How much do the lights cost?2 How much do the lights cost?2 How much do the lights cost?

The blues under the big lights for the first time 06/07
enough!! 2-0.
I sat at half time mainly in shock at how we managed to be so good, actually playing good football, using the width, getting it down etc and loose 2 simple goals. when will we learn to finish!!

Second half and the rainham end did thier best to spur on the team!! Big dave hit the post, and numerous shots went high and wide.
At the other end, Billy sharp missed a sitter. He looked very sharp!! Wish he played for us.
Randolph made 2 excellent saves. First a 1 on 1 and the from Torpeys 12 yard header a 1 handed reflex save ala Banks vs pele, well almost.
Special mention about the crowd singing get Scally out. Apparently we could have signed a striker or 2 but we won't pay big wages! If u only get wot u pay for, then at the moment our guys are on the minimum wage!!. we need some dollar!!
Man of the match is split this week.
First half was Alan Pouton. Fantastic to see him play again and was creative and destructive in all the right areas.
The secound half plaudits belong to Brent Sancho, who single handedly
3. The spillerets!!3. The spillerets!!3. The spillerets!!

Dancefloor being mobbed by the under 12's at half time, he even posed for picture's!!!
at times tried to drag us back into the game. He missed a good chance and ended up playing up front. Looked genuinelly gutted at the end.

So that's it, had we won we would be 13th. as it is we are 22nd. pooh.
So guess who's next at the home of football? Yes our friends from the tower blocks! Can't wait.
we are due a big win and i hope we get it against them. we ca't create and miss so many chances forever, can we??

Random


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

4 Action Stations4 Action Stations
4 Action Stations

Random action. I was probably telling big Dave to get his head up!!


2nd September 2006

What the hell is going on at your end???
the gills are having a mare of a season already-do i really want to bother coming to watch on my return???? The dead rats on the street in krabi, thailand seem to smell better than the footie skill and results at priestfield!!!!!! well dave......now is our chance dude-i will email scally telling him we both want 500 quid a week each to play up front for them! sure we can spank a few in........ those who agree-say aye!!!!!!!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb