The Crossroads Motel!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Folkestone
June 11th 2015
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.0787, 1.17409

1500hrs Grass cut..... Hot still not packed .......at all.........Our 54 Plate Metallic Silver "Vectra Estate (1.8i Energy) - 64,000 miles.....1 careful owner..... stands gleaming on the drive with a distinct smile on it's bonnet.

The Polish car cleaners have worked hard and to be frank I am proud of "Neddy"

"you threaten me to sell me into a life of fluffy dice....ciggys..... and blue fizzy drink stains on my grey velour upholstery on many an occasion...... " BUT.......I'm going to show you......I can make it to The Czech Republic (and back). Haaaaah!"

I must admit Neddy still looks pretty OK despite a couple of nasty scratches and a scuffed lower bumper. However, I am careful to park it some way away at any business meetings....

1545. Wild stuffing of kit into my case. A token office shirt...hay fever tablets........the usual assortment of tee shirts......my pair of lucky shrapnel pants etc are rapidly yet carefully crammed in.

1605: Ready to set sail. The Drive to The Premier Inn at Folkestone is clear and sunny. We nip along at a cautious 72 miles per hour. A gentle intro to long haul driving as tomorrow we hit the aggressive roads of Northern France and Belgium chocker with mean looking Mercs and Audi Estates.

1723: "I don't need SAT NAV".......as we sit in a Tesco Car Park in Cheriton trying to find the Premier Inn. We have just passed a gang of "Hairy Bikers"........Turn left then left again take the third exit........hmmmmm.

1740: Hurrah!! we pull in to the car park of the Premier Inn...passing a rather tatty looking Burger King. We have stayed here before....it ain't bad. I instantly recognise the Receptionist and we are cheerfully checked into Room 76.

1915: Dinner. A fruit machine twinkles in the corner. Much chatter from fellow diners about the delights of Chilli Jacket "Pooootaaaaters" and Chicken ""Gooojons" waft through the log themed stuffery. We tuck into a huge "Sharing Platter" of crummed mushrooms and onion rings.

2030: Repleat we crash into bed nibbling a segment of Terry's Chocolate Orange.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



12th June 2015

Hooray!

Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb