Haircut and Suit Hire


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hertfordshire » Watford
September 1st 2011
Published: September 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

The sun is shining. What a beautiful morning. This has not happened for a while. England has had the gloomiest summer since 1993. Our wonderful Adriatic tan is disappearing. All good things do come to an end. But today we are going to enjoy the moment.
Our first task is to take a bus into Watford Town for tour members to prepare for a wedding on Saturday. The bus driver was very helpful sorting out the cheapest deal for us. As it turned out it was cheaper to get a return ticket for two adults and three children than a return for two adults. We are not into child minding on this trip so we agreed to have three imaginary children with us.
It was supposed to be two haircuts but the Hungarian haircut one member had is still struggling to get to that stage of needing a re-cut. So while one member was experiencing an English haircut the other went in search of cheap, comfortable, respectable shoes. It is amazing what the supermarket giant, Tescoes, sells. The final task was to collect a very smart hired suit. We had to order the suit and send measurements while touring in France. We had hoped we had completed the exercise correctly and that there would not be any last minute hitches. With fingers crossed we entered the suit hire shop. We needn’t have worried. What a perfect fit. We know we’ll make a fine couple at the wedding.
Watford was getting quite busy with families filling the shops looking for last minute back-to-school requirements. On our travels during the last month we have seen the mountains of back-to-school stationery and clothes filling the shops in different countries. In about four months time we’ll see it all over again in New Zealand.
Our return bus trip was uneventful. All went according to plan. One thing we have noticed while travelling on public transport in England is that it sometimes feels as though we are extras in a live soap opera. We sit there hearing all the problems the locals seem to have with such a variety of accents. If you shut your eyes and just listen you could quite easily imagine you are an extra on Coronation Street or East Enders.
Tomorrow we drive south to Romsey, the venue of our son-in-law’s brother’s wedding. It will be a great occasion and we feel very privileged to be invited. It will be an opportunity to once again catch up with our daughter’s in-laws.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 31; dbt: 0.1429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb