27 05 2010 Home


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire
May 30th 2010
Published: May 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

27 05 2010

Final blog entry today as we are now home. For those who have been following our big trip to the other side of the world thank you for your interest. It has been an adventure of a lifetime and great fun. The purpose of the blog was to let family and friends know where we were but as importantly for us it will be a reminder of the wonderful memories we have had which we can access in our later years.

I would certainly advise people to do this, it takes a bit of effort but if you don’t make a record of your days they get forgotten. Hopefully you enjoyed reading them as much as we enjoyed experiencing them.

The final day was the awful early start, certainly still suffering from the effects of the last night revelries. I will have to practice the belly dance moves. We got to the airport, the plane was on time and we were driven home. No dramas to report.

We were very tired and had a 3 hour time difference to adjust to. Nevertheless as we pulled up on the driveway Emily and Dan were there to greet us. Wonderful to be reunited after such a long time away. Tom and Sam came home later and we made do with a pizza meal. Reality now begins.

Thinking back over the trip it had lots of brilliant moments. It was however the people we met and spent time with that was the best bit. There is no doubt that sharing experiences makes it much more rewarding.

It was the joy of collapsing into your own bed that is still as strong as ever and makes you realise you are finally home.

Wendy and I are still talking which when you consider we have lived constantly in each others pockets for 3 months is no bad thing.

A big thank you to the contributors to our blog, the messages left really helped us stay in touch.

We are indebted to Dave and Julie for putting us up in the beginning of our adventure and their advice on where to go and see. Hope to see you in Switzerland now we are experienced travellers it will be easy.

Fiona and Brian of course made us very welcome and spoiled us and it was lovely to meet the Aussie relatives, a huge thank you to them. We will always remember the panoramic night view of Adelaide.

We are already missing our holiday haven in Koh Samui and were surprised at what a great place Dubai was to visit.

Finally I would like to add a huge thank you to Wendy who has put up with me through all of this and made sharing the whole trip a wonderful experience. I love her to bits.

Time to sign off, much love to all. If you get the opportunity to do something like this seize it with both hands.


Phil and Wendy.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


Advertisement



30th May 2010

Soft Bugger!
Well I can only reiterate what Phil has said and add my own megga thanks to all our dear friends and family who put up with our chit chat on the blog. Special thanks to Joyce our award winning commentor and everyone else that took time to reply back it kept us in touch with you all and sane. The memories will keep us going for years to come until the next adventure! A big kiss and hug to Phil who has put up with me over the last 3 months - what a wonderful partnership we have got and love you loads. What a special person you are to me. Better get planning our next trip. Love to all Wendy xxxx

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb