We are sailing


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Southampton
October 29th 2015
Published: October 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Morning arrived at long last, up before the alarm, repacking done and taxi awaiting at 08.15.

Now I know embarkation doesn't start until 12 noon and yes I know the hotel is a two minute taxi ride, but I've been waiting for this trip for a year and I am ready to go!

Of course we were the first ones there and the folk who had been on the one night cruise had yet to disemabrk, so we sat patiently watching the departing passengers leave, quietly coveting their NCL Escape goodie bags.

A few more people arrived, including Bruce, an American guy who Alex met in the elevator at the notel, so chatted to him and an older single gentleman who lived in the Bahamas.

Eventually our cases were checked in and we were in group one for boarding. Headed up to the departure area and waited while the guest services manager gave a LONG team talk to the check in staff, finally we got checked in and made our way on board.

As is the norm I dumped Alex with the bags and hot footed it to guest services in the hope of getting a pass to the Vibe adults beach club deck.

Passes are sold first come, first served and panic set in when I saw a bunch of guys who were on our previous cruise, already standing in line! My worries were washed away however as they opened a special desk for Vibe and I was one of the first in the line.

Vibe passes clutched in hand I located Alex and we headed off to our staterooom.

The room was lovely, nice and spacious, different layout to the Epic but equally as modern with a good sized balcony and crisp white sheets!

It was time to explore so we started at the top and wandered around and down to each deck. The weather was dreadful so not much happening on the pool decks or the new 'Waterfront' restaurant deck.

Ate lunch in the garden cafe where there was an amazing array of food to suit all tastes.

After the muster drill and when the staff had located a few day visitors who had gone AWOL we were ready to depart.

After watching Southampton fade into the distance we dressed for dinner and make our way to one of the many bars.

Earlier in the day we had located the Sugarcane Mojito bar and I had already decided that would be my favourite.

Enjoyed a delicious dinner in the Savor restaurant and couldn't resist a slice of vanilla cheesecake.

Alex likes to have a late-night wander of the ship so left him to it and took mysefl off to the stateroom where I decided I would go out onto the balcony not realising how stormy it was so I quickly shut the door!

Note to self, must stop saying 'gracias' to people!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.321s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb