Now a Day Skipper!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Southampton
May 10th 2009
Published: May 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I have just finished my Day Skipper course 4 days of theroy and 5 day on practical. It was very intense. 4 other people were great, I was the only woman except for the instructor and it worked out well. We sailed over to Cowes, up the Bealueiu river, down to lymington. up the Hamble. cover over 80 miles in 4 days. We were not hampered by the weather which was up to force 7 (28-33knots) at times. It was cold as the pictures of us show the woolly hats which were necessary! We did some night sailing in very busy waters and saw everything we had learned about on the theroy part of the course. The people(4)on the course were like me keen and enthusicatic and we had a good laugh easp as we a had a snorer on board!! He didn't keen me awake but the perosn who shared his cabin bought industrial ear muffs after the first night. It was all in good humour. The instructor was fabulous and the company were really great. Food was fabulous - we had breakfast and lunch on the boat and dinner on land. I never realise how busy the solent was and you would never think there was a recession on by the hugh number of boats on the solent at the weekend.

I am now at the B&B which seem really nice. there is another girl staying here who is doing the same course so that is great. Will try and update tomorrow.

I am going to have a go at up loading some pictures.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb