Days 9 and 10 the UK tour


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Southampton
August 11th 2021
Published: August 11th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was a perfect day. Up on time (a miracle) we parked up at the station in Bridgenorth We then re parked when we realised we'd parked as far away as it was possible to park from the station itself. We got on our steam engine in our own compartment for the day and off we went. We (ash) heat a great time filling in the kids eyes spy booklet they gave us and spotting milk horses, wool dogs and ham cats out of the window ?

Our first stop was Kidderminster for a wander round. Ash had to be pulled away from the box of free VHS tapes in the 'antiques' shop and Seth developed diabetes and a green face from the ridiculous lolly he persuaded is was a good idea.,...we had a cuppa, escaped from wasps and got back on the train (back to our own compartment which ash still refused to believe was just for us, all day long. )

Arley was next to the train museum. First for our picnic, again with many friendly neighborhood wasps, then for a play where, within five minutes, Seth had somehow got a preteen boy to agree to get off the big trust seeing and instead push him on it.... So proud! Having decided the 'live entertainment' at the indoor beach want even up to the same standard as the 'entertainment' at the local pub on a weekend, we made a run for it back to the train to go back to Kidderminster again (lure of the VHS tapes I think). This time with two wasps inside our compartment, ash may have been right to question if it was truly ours! This time ice cream was our station treat, after Seth had grilled our train driver on the age of the train and carriages (again, about as old as auntie Kath and grandad Ian!). Seths ice cream took an early hit on the floor, ash's shandy was drink in record quick thing so as not to miss the train and it was back for one final time ago the way to Bridgenorth.

Today was a travelling kinda of day. Up early and packed away we waved goodbye to the cottage, and made our way to Wales for no other reason than to go to Wales. Monmouth was our stop off choice, we had a nice picnic with the wasps, a wander round Waitrose and some bird watching in the park. Finally, after a journey in which I discovered that ash knows more about monasteries and monks than I ever knew before but sightly less about directions and time, we arrived at a beach in Southampton very best our hotel and decided to fly the kite. The kite flew like a machine until it dived and took our some poor windsurfer dude just chilling by his car.eek! Seth chatted to a windsurfer, getting ideas for the figure I'm sure whilst we watched the crazy folk with their kite surf boards before back to our hotel for the night.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0888s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb