Summer in England 2014

United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Portsmouth
August 22nd 2014
Published: August 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Friday August 22,2014

This morning , I awoke a bit early than usual but it was nice to see the blue sky again! Came down around 9:15 am and had breakfast and greeted everyone. After breakfast, I got dressed and ready for the day! Today was my day to travel to LONDON but by driving with Jill who is an friend of the family. Before we got into the car, I asked if we could take some group pictures and we did get some good photos. Jill and I said goodbye around 11:15 am and jumped into her MINI-COOP which was nice! Our journey only lasted about an hour, she lives near Wimbeldon Park Tube Station which is really neat. Jill drove past WIMBLEDON itself and pointed out Courts 1&2 where Tennis "Greats" have played, which is awesome! I said "thank you" to Jill and told her that I will keep in touch and headed out to the station. I arrived at Knightsbridge around 1:15 pm and strolled through HARRODS Department Store which was wonderful but busy! I managed to find the the (Tea and Sweets section) and bought a little souvenir as well as the "GREEN BAG". Before I got back onto the "TUBE", I took some pictures of Harrods. I arrived at one of my favourite places in London which is "COVENT GARDEN ! " I love this area ! 😊 😊 😊 I enjoy walking around and watching people,seeing all of the street performers, finding shops, looking for a good restaurant or cafe and especially the "JUBILEE MARKET!" I had a great time just being there! If you ever get a chance to come to London, Covent Garden should be on your list! I got to the tube station and to my dismay, found it was closed! I found a taxi which would drive me to Liverpool Street Station. The Taxi driver was really nice and began to explain that some of the under-ground tube(subway) stations had gone on STRIKE , late the night before which surprised many people! It took us only 15 minutes and I said "thank you to him and took a photo of the taxi. I got to the train station early which was great. Around 4 pm, I got onto the train which was an "express" train to Ipswich! I arrived into Ipswich after 5 pm and just waited till Sally came and picked me up. I said hello and she told me we only have about 30 minutes before heading out again to see "SHAKESPEARE IN THE FOREST- CPMEDY OF ERRORS " . The performance was funny, wonderful and fun to watch for two hours! Finally got home around 10:30 pm and I was beat! Goodnight to all!! 😊 😊

Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Tot: 0.028s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0066s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb