JO's UK Travels Summer of 2013


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Portsmouth
August 6th 2013
Published: August 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

August 6,2013 London and Portsmouth United Kingdom

Arrived Heathrow Airport in London England around 9:45 am .....UK time. Sally met me and we got something to eat while still at the airport. At 10:07...we were on our way to Portsmouth. Sally drove us around the M25 towards Hampshire....Portsmouth where my aunt Philippa and uncle Jeremy live. The journey took us just under two hours and we were both relieved when the both of us got out of the car. I looked at my watch and it read.....11:35 am. A long trip for Sally to drive all that way and I am grateful! The two of us walked through the gate and were greeted by my aunt Philippa and two dogs. Shaka....all black Labrador and Scallywags....a mix terrier and Air dale who was bigger. It was going to be wonderful see a different part of England and especially to catch up with my relatives.

After we collected a bag or two and we got organized with the rooms at Lower Chapters. Lower Chapters is the name of the house that Philippa and Jeremy live in and it is beautiful. The house is also a B&B and does great business!! Fifteen minutes after we arrived.......all three of us took the dogs for a 45 minute walk around the house. Around 12:30.....the three ladies sat down to a wonderful lunch. We dined on Halibut quiche, salad and zucchini/courgette . We talked and caught up on our news which was great! Later on.....the three of us went down to the town of Bosham. A quaint little sea town with a big historical church and a few shops. A lovely outing! The three gals had a nice dessert to top off our afternoon. The church was amazing and there are pictures below...so enjoy! Uncle Jeremy arrived shortly thereafter and it was wonderful to greet him. We toured the garden and swam a bit while the dogs hovered hoping to drink some of the pool water. Both dogs stared at me while I swam .....thinking how do I bite the water. I was refreshed and rejuvenated! Later...the four if us sat down to a wonderful laid out dinner and we sat outside. Smoked Salmon, Shrimp, and Fish with some sauce was first. Then.....we ate some salmon, new potatoes and salad. Yum and Delicious! Cheese and Peaches were for dessert! Looking at the clock...we all decided to head to bed and we said goodnight. I stayed up till 10:35 pm (UK) time and then I fell asleep. Goodnight !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb