RTW Planning


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater Manchester » Stretford
February 18th 2007
Published: February 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Rob Me in the Middle and EricRob Me in the Middle and EricRob Me in the Middle and Eric

Enjoying the free bar at the terrace bar of Tapas in central BKK
So i have always fancied doing the whole round the world backpacking/gap year trip..............but until now the has never been the right time.

Its always not enough money or not enough time, then the is the times when the is no money and no time and its always the ties issue as well............if you have a mortgage and a wife and bills and so on its not so easy?.............though some people have sold up and done it....lol

Well im 30 now..........i could past the fear and loathing stage of getting to 30...................lol and ive grown use to being in my 30's..........yes nearly 31 and the wife and mortgage and have gone their separate ways.....woooot and ive had time to re-evaluate who i am and what i want to do with my life.

I think its a now or never time of my life for this journey and i don't want to be one of these people who says oh i wish id done that.....i want to say i have done that.

So i had this whole view of now the wife and old house etc had gone i would get my own place and build a new life and im ever the dreamer....however a trip to Russia and then shortly afterwards a trip to Thailand rekindled my thirst for adventure and for traveling.

Pretty much everyone ive told since i decided on this trip have been a 100 percent behind me and said they wish they were younger and could do it and i should go for it!

So ive been doing some serious research and ive been to various online and street based travel agents and on the lonely planet forums and all over the interweb and ive been using everyones favorite online tool..........yup Google.


So why start a blog now, when im still in the uk?

Good question........well the thing is ive always believed the holiday or the trip starts once you start planning.......plus i think it will be good to see how locations etc change............cause anyone that has planned and been on an RTW trip will know that it comes down to time and money and your ticket and sometimes places get chopped cause the RTW ticket you get does not go near that place or you want to spent 2 months in Nepal and you dont have time for Dehli etc.......

One thing ive been told by other people who have done the RTW trip is don't book to much and don't over plan.........cause things will and do happen.........e.g you meet other backpackers and decided to go to Fiji instead of Japan etc


Well im signing off for now

Take care for now Mike

P.s ill be back to run through my route and ideas

Advertisement



4th March 2007

Fun
Wow how fun, what an adventure, good luck !!

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.128s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb