5 Tips to Help Travellers Sleep Better


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater Manchester » Manchester
February 18th 2019
Published: February 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Sleep is a very crucial factor that tends to enhance your overall travel experience. Whether you are traveling alone or with a handful of friends, having a good bedtime is imperative. However, there’s a myriad of elements that happen to interfere with your beauty rest, including such things as the unfamiliar bed, place, light, and even sound.

These sleep interruption aspects can significantly frustrate you, leaving you feeling fatigued all day long. Besides, science has proven that a lack of sleep weakens your immune system and could put you at risk of catching a plethora of unfamiliar germs. Gladly, we’ve done our careful research and found out what you can do on your next trip to sleep like a baby.

1. Adhere to a specific sleep schedule

You need to set aside at least seven hours for sleep. A healthy adult needs no more than seven hours for sleep. You can make do with this sleep cycle calculator to achieve this goal.

Simply stick to a sleep schedule and make sure to go to bed and wake up the same time each day. On weeknights and weekends, try to limit the difference in your sleep schedule and never exceed one hour. Maintaining a consistent sleep schedule helps in reinforcing the sleep-wake cycle for your body.

2. Be wise in choosing your location of rest & accessories

Well, get this right—your seat location on a plane plays a huge role in how well or how poorly you’ll sleep. If possible, try to get a window seat as this will help you lean against and have your way out of other travelers in your row. Sitting on a window seat also gives you absolute control over the window shade.

You might want to avoid the bulkhead or exit row seats. Having ample legroom is great, but think twice about exit row seats which don’t recline because they can cause an obstruction in case of emergency. Also, some bulkhead seats have armrests that cannot be raised.

The world’s friendly travel community also recommends getting a latex mattress for ultimate comfort. This natural and organic hybrid mattress is designed to offer better sleep, whether you are on a plane or in your hotel room. It supports you with perfect firmness, and you can feel secure knowing it’s made with 100%!n(MISSING)atural materials.

3. Focus on your diet

What you eat can significantly influence how you feel during the flight and how comfortable you’ll be able to sleep. Avoid eating foods that weigh heavily on your stomach because they’ll make you a little more tired as the body attempts to digest the food. You’ll find it difficult to catch some sleep when the body isn’t ready for it.

You’re advised to eat a decent sized meal before taking a long flight. Simply have some snacks during the flight before in-flight meals are offered. Snacks are ideal because if you catch some sleep, you’ll feel refreshed when you finally get up.

4. Address the light issues

The inconvenient light is one of the biggest culprits of sleep disruption for travelers. Whether it’s the light creeping through the curtains or shinning under your hotel door, light issues can significantly disturb your sleep. Before you go to bed, shut all blinds and curtains completely and don’t leave spaces for sunrise to wake you in the morning.

Additionally, switch off the lights and see if there’s any light shining under your door. If it’s there and you think it will disturb you, block that light out using a blanket, pillow or a spare towel. Packing a light-eliminating eye mask can be great as it obstructs any light that can interrupt your beauty sleep in your hotel or plane.

5. Manage worries and concerns

It’s important to resolve your worries and concerns before sleep time. Stress management is useful for your sleep. Just jot down whatever is stressing you out and set it aside for another time.

Managing stress and worries can help you sleep better during your travel. Start with the basics, like setting priorities, delegating tasks and getting organized. Meditation can also ease anxiety.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb