London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 17th 2011
Published: August 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Cathay Pacific Plane Cathay Pacific Plane Cathay Pacific Plane

Thia is the A380 Airbus that we flew out of Sydney on.
Geo: 51.5002, -0.126236

Flew into London after a 22 hour flight from Sydney via Cathay Pacific. Had a two hour stopover in Hong Kong Airport.The flight seemed to go on forever, luckily there was a good choice of movies to watch. Food on the flight was ok, and they provided gluten free food for Kim.

Waited for our friend Liz at London Airport then caught the Tube to our Hotel and checked in. After checking in, we went for a walk in Hyde Park, and caught the Tube from Marble Arch Station into the city centre. As it was raining a bit, we went into the city and went to Harrods. After that, Kim and I went on a Double Decker Bus tour around London.

The Hotel we are staying at (Hotel Elysee) is very central to everything and whilst the room is small, it has all we need for our stay in London.

Jim and Kim




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Statue Near Marble ArchStatue Near Marble Arch
Statue Near Marble Arch

The statue is massive.
Marble ArchMarble Arch
Marble Arch

This is the Marble Arch, from where we caught most of the trains whilst we were in London. There is a Tube Station beneath the arch.
Neil's Yard in West End of London Neil's Yard in West End of London
Neil's Yard in West End of London

Liz's favourite place to eat and drink coffee in London. Located in the theatre district, it offers fresh squeezed juices and great vegetarian food.
Houses of ParliamentHouses of Parliament
Houses of Parliament

Photo taken out of the window of the Double Decker Bus tour of London. As you can see, it was a little drizzly at times.


Tot: 0.381s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb