Our full day in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 3rd 2016
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5002, -0.126236

We have one day to tour through London. We had an early breakfast and then headed to the Hop On Hop Off bus stop. The bus was a great way to view Paris, so we will do the same in London. We have both been to London many times, but have never taken a tour like this. The tours are good as you listen to a light commentary as the bus makes its way through different areas of interest in London. When you want to get off and explore on foot for a while you can and when you want to just sit you climb back on board.
We rode from Kings Cross area to Fleet Street where we got off. We walked up Fleet Street, past the Royal Courts of Justice all the way to St. Paul's Cathedral. We then got on the bus again and went across London Bridge and back across Tower Bridge. From there we got off and caught a very pleasant river cruise along the River Thames. From the river we enjoyed viewing lots of London's great tourist sights. The new Shard building is amazing to see. It is 95 stories high and is the fourth tallest building in Europe.
After the cruise we got back on the bus and went as far as Kensington where we got off to find some lunch at a little Italian deli. Then back on the bus we traveled through more areas, including Marble Arch, where the Beatles once lived, and beautiful Regent Street. We got off near Piccadilly Circus and walked through to Trafalgar Square where lots of people were visiting. We then walked along the Strand and caught another bus and headed back to our hotel. Along the way it really started raining so we pulled one of our rain ponchos over our head like a tent to keep dry. The second floor of most the Hop On Hop Off buses do not have a roof!
We stopped at a pub for a drink before going back to the hotel to start packing as we fly back to Canada in the morning. Around 7 pm we walked up to a Vietnamese restaurant for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb