Proof in the Pudding


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
November 14th 2006
Published: November 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Leeds - No.1Leeds - No.1Leeds - No.1

As seen in "Mens Health Magazine"
As it stands my 12 month residence in Britain will be interspersed between two very large and very well known cities: Leeds and London.

Currently London is where it’s at. I love it. And whilst, delving into the infinite history of this place, like tourists do, has been left in Azz’s capable hands - I have preferred to just experience what makes it tick.

Midweek in London is just as turbulent as weekends, with dinner dates, theatre, sport, and late night shopping keeping me busy. The nightlife, quite simply, has to be experienced to be believed. It is incredible. It is rampant. And it borders on nocturnal. The ultra chic way of living is right up my alley. And to be honest, the expense factor is only an issue if you are not earning really good pound… thankfully, I don’t fit into that category.

So, if so suited to London life, why spend the first half of the year living amongst the defective debauchery of Leeds?

Well, unless you were one of the privileged few to live under the hallowed crown of Langdale you would be entitled to question this reality. Common cries of “Dave, London is
Lizzy's HomeLizzy's HomeLizzy's Home

However, on this day her car wasnt in the drive
so much more you” and “What can Leeds offer that London can’t?” hailed from both abroad and from Londoners alike.

Finding a good decent answer was difficult. An answer pointing out that there was plenty of work for teachers in Leeds sounded feeble when comparing it to what’s available in the big smoke. Stating the ability to save money sounded tight and well out of character. If I said it didn’t matter because Leeds was a comfortable MegaBus journey to London I’d have been lieing. Or, by using the draw card that Leeds’ nightlife is rated in Britain’s Top 5 cities would only be putting up against the city that came in at no.1.

Truth be told, it was hard to find evidence to support the love we knew existed within the walls of 32 Langdale Gardens… that is until now. Believe it or not, it was Azz’s bible - no not the TV Guide - Men’s Health Magazine that provided the answer.

The Proof is now in the Pudding.

Lots of Leeds Love in London,
DJ

PS I’m glad we didn’t reside in Belfast



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The CrossThe Cross
The Cross

Club in London
Football FriendlyFootball Friendly
Football Friendly

Australia v Ghana feat. OMFC
Care for a swim?Care for a swim?
Care for a swim?

The greatest house I have ever set foot in
Leeds UnitedLeeds United
Leeds United

The Pussy, the Mop, the Virgin, and me. You draw the lines.
HalloweenHalloween
Halloween

Trick or Treat Boony!
My Lesson PlanMy Lesson Plan
My Lesson Plan

.. will vary depending on what muscle group I want to work out


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb