Nassau


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
December 27th 2016
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Paradise IslandParadise IslandParadise Island

Not much to see in Nassau. The Atlantis Resort on Paradise Is was worth a drive around. Many of the rich and famous own condos and houses on the island. Ho hum...
Geo: 25.0801, -77.3416

Relaxing sea day yesterday. We asked for a curry dinner last night (with a day's notice they'll serve almost anything - except Vegemite) and they did a fine job. Chicken, lamb and beef curries with breads, raita, the works. As it turned out lobster thermidor was on the regular menu, so we had that too! None of our shipmates liked curry so we ate only with Peter and Susan. They are staying on board for a second cruise to Los Angeles via the Panama - watch out waistlines!

Our musicians whimsically call themselves "A Band on Ship". Clever.

Did a two-hour coach tour of Nassau. Getting a little jaded with these. One interesting fact was that here they have two Mardi Gras-like parades in the "Junkanoo" festival. These are held on Boxing Day and New Year's Day and thousands participate in outlandish costumes. Remarkably the parades start at 1am and finish at 9am.

We disembark tomorrow morning in Miami. Catch up with the Lowies for a time then we fly out to LA in the afternoon. One night with Erin and Peter, then home...


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Michael Jackson suiteMichael Jackson suite
Michael Jackson suite

The bridge suite was built for MJ. It contains 18 rooms and costs squillions (I forget, tens of thousands per night) to rent for a minimum seven night stay.


Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb