Falmouth & Arrival in Southampton England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 13th 2017
Published: May 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After departing COBH while we slept we anchored in Falmouth, one of the most southwestern ports of the UK. Unlike all the previous ports, anyone going ashore had to tender in. The skies were cloudy, windy, and rainy and the seas choppy, so we decided to stay onboard and again enjoy the amenities of the JADE. Another restful night and we awoke in our final port of SOUTHAMPTON. We were one of the first groups off the ship and taxied to the central railway station to board our train to EDINBURGH. We were routed through LONDON, Waterloo Station which is very near the London Eye, Tower Bridge, etc. and needed to navigate the TUBE through 2 stations to get to Kings Cross to board our final leg to Scotland. Even though it was Sunday morning and the traffic was light, Waterloo Station was under major remodel and navigating it to the correct Tube Stop was harrowing. We opted instead for a cab ride which provided us an above ground journey through central London. Much more scenic!



Kings Cross Station is a very nice, modern facility where we enjoyed lunch before boarding our First Class coach to Edinburgh. Travelling north on our 4 hr ride through the English countryside was enjoyable and you certainly never went hungry as the food and beverage cart passed through every stop....all FREE 😊 While a bit greener, the scenery reminded both Barb and I of time spent in southern Idaho. It wasn't until we got into Scotland proper that we started seeing a few rolling hills and a bit different scenery.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb