Remembering Those Who Made Our Trip So Special: Farewell As We End This Amazing European Adventure


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 6th 2016
Published: June 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Well, our journey has ended and we've been home about a week getting over jet lag ;-) It’s time to bid farewell to the blog trip and remember some of the amazing people who made our trip so special. We’ll never forget…

The wonderful trips, vino, cappuccino and special friends that Claudia and Gary allowed us to share with them. But… most importantly we were allowed to get our “cat fix” with the brilliant and cunning, Quigley and experience the fearless Milly, the wall-walking dog.

Our well-traveled friends, Sharon and Dave who have made many trips so fun for us, made our time in the British Isles better than ever and to Sharon who was, as always, such a good sport for her “surprise” birthday. And… Dave for all your researching skills.

The fresh made goat cheese gelato from Nicola and Giuseppe at Buon Gusto in Pienza, Italy. We wish we could bring them to California.

Having a really interesting lunch with Cindy Rye, State Representative, 32nd Legislative District, in Washington and her husband Cody on our Celebrity, Atlantic Crossing.

The amazing Customer Service of Greg Chippendale (yes, that’s his real name) the Duty Manager at the Holiday Inn Express in Southampton.

Pamela Sheldon Jones, Williams Sonoma Collection Cookbook Author and her husband Johnny, for hosting us to an amazingly lovely afternoon at their home in Tuscany. We loved the dogs, cats and chickens so much! Thanks Johnnie for making the delicious iced coffee.

Michelle Jackson and her delightful daughter, Bea from Austin (by way of Sri Lanka) who told us all about the play she is writing.

Maria and Vincent, from New York along with David and Anne from Toronto who made wonderful tablemates for our 2 week Atlantic Crossing. We loved all the sharing and stories.

We made a new friend, Carol Mc Nair who showed us that you can live in the beautiful Val d’Orcia in Italy on a budget.

Zizou, with his infectious smile at Starbucks in Mayfair, London who made our mornings brighter.

Outstanding tour guides and amazing bus drivers in every country, who put up with a bus load of tourist whims with a smile and good humor.

Tony Hayter of Sliver Fleet in London and Angelo in Italy, our drivers who made our life a whole lot easier.

To Mike Healy of Lost Sheep Coffee in Canterbury for the best latte ever.

Christine Rotzinger without her help managing the home front, this trip would have had many worries.

The amazing slow travel lunch at Roberto Crocenzi’s, “da Roberto” restaurant in the tiny hill town of Montisi, Italy. We love your “bunches” of cats everywhere.

And… to all the people who helped us, directed us, put up with us and generally came to our aid when our Italian wasn’t sufficient or we didn’t know the names of things or how things worked. Without the love, caring and generosity of perfect strangers, this trip would not have been half of the amazing time it was.

And… thanks to all of you who read our 28 blogs, made comments and sent us inspiration in e-mails.

Thank you all for helping us to make memories of a lifetime. Farewell till next time.



Jean and Cope


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.35s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb