Day 16 - London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 16th 2012
Published: April 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

The day dawned bright and sunny. We began with a ride on the subway to St Pauls Cathedral, which was another incredible place. Not as spectacular as Westminster Abbey, but excellent nonetheless. We saw the tombs of Lord Admiral Nelson and The Duke of Wellington. We climbed the 257 stairs to the amazing Whispering Gallery, where we sat and experienced whispered communication. We then climbed the remaining stairs, 528 in total to the Golden Gallery outside the upper dome. Well worth the effort. The view is fabulous!

We exited St Pauls, went to Starbucks for coffee then walked to The Tower of London. Saw the Crown Jewels, a medieval torture chamber, walked on walls that are over 800 years old and in general had a grand old time. William Wallace, Henry III, all sorts were imprisoned here, then taken to Tower Hill and hung. Was a shortish day today, after the Tower, we caught the underground back to Hyde Park, fed and played with some squirrels, then walked back to the hotel. Tomorrow Mark and I are off to Paris leaving Zac to explore a bit of London by himself!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb