Aquarium and Westminster Abbey


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
February 4th 2005
Published: May 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Houses of Parliament and Big BenHouses of Parliament and Big BenHouses of Parliament and Big Ben

Saw both of these while walking to the aquarium. Walked by them while walking to Westminster Abbey.
Today I went to the London Aquarium and Westminster Abbey.

The aquarium was, of course, awesome. They had a wide variety of fish, and they were arranged really neat. They were in "zones", so you knew where everything originated from. THey also had an awesome clownfish display, which I of course was enthralled with.

And you come out in a gift shop (surprise, surprise)... and then you come out in an arcade (which I think might be the only one in London!) and a McDonald's! It was me-heaven. :p

We did not eat at McDonald's though... opted instead for Wetherspoon's pub, which is one of my favorite places to eat. There's like a million in London and one in Cambridge too. They have lots of yummy food, and invariably have some sort of non-smoking section, which pleases me.

We also went to Westminster Abbey. We saw the little church in the same yard as it, and took pictures of the outside... but they were charging an exorbitant price to get in to the actual Abbey, and I was kind of irritated by that, so we didn't go in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

London AquariumLondon Aquarium
London Aquarium

That is my actual hand about to pet an actual Manta Ray. It was very cool. They're softer than you'd expect.
Westminster Abbey and MeWestminster Abbey and Me
Westminster Abbey and Me

I'm actually standing across the street so we could fit the actual abbey into the picture.


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb