Day Twelve -


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
January 9th 2012
Published: May 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We started the day at Westminster Abbey where we did the audio tour. This is a London must do in my opinion and my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it – not so sure about the kids, but the deal was put up with the Abbey and then we will go to Madame Tussauds!



After the Abbey we caught the tube to Baker Street and joined the surprisingly short line for Madam Tussauds. Thank goodness we had another 2-4-1 here as it was £30 each! This was by far the most expensive admission fee we had. I didn’t enjoy this very much, but didn’t really expect to, we had visited a similar place in Hollywood a couple of years ago and once would have been enough. It was very much the main thing my daughter wanted to see though and she absolutely loved it.



After Tussaud’s we stopped for another pub lunch at a pub called the Metropolitan Station Approach right near Baker Street. Food was not too bad at all there.



We caught the tube to the British Museum and spent a couple of hours wandering pleasantly. Even having been raised in England I had never been to the Museum before, and could have spent many more hours here! A definite must do on our next trip which will probably be without the kids.





We then returned to our hotel and dinner at Canteen in the Royal Festival Hall.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0691s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb