Day Ten - The Tower of London, St. Paul's and the Ceremony of the Keys


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
January 7th 2012
Published: May 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This morning caught the tube to the Tower of London, using another 2-4-1 offer, and joined the first Beefeater tour. I cannot recommend this highly enough. I went to the Tower last year but did not do the Beefeater tour as I didn’t have the time. The experience was so much better this year, they explain so many things that makes the whole experience more interesting, as well as being very funny.



We had lunch in the cafe at the Tower, which was quite good, before heading by tube to St. Pauls. Yet another 2-4-1! We did the audio tour, but unfortunately our feet gave out before we climbed the dome. Something left to come back to another time.



We returned to the hotel for a short rest and freshen up, before heading to dinner at Mala Indian Restaurant on St. Katherine’s Dock. This was okay, nothing special. We specifically ate in this area as we had tickets for the Ceremony of the Keys at 9.30pm. We had to write to the Tower for tickets to this ceremony quite a few months before we arrived. We had to give three dates that we were available, and luckily got the first one we wanted. We really enjoyed the ceremony, particularly after being at the Tower in the day.



By this time our feet were really sore, those cobblestones are killers, so back to the hotel for bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.273s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0913s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb