London Town


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 23rd 2012
Published: June 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Another two days in London have come and gone with many highlights. Yesterday we ventured to Camden market in north central London. Very very similar to a Berkeley vibe. Street vendors, small shops, street food, and a great open air market. Enjoyed a few beers at "world's end" bar with a giant glass ceiling and a cool upstairs siting area. So many old pubs with what we are calling "career pub goers" who are basically old men speaking with heavy English accents enjoying there 10th or so beer of the Afternoon. The evening was a great time in easternLondon. Much more of a college vibe in the east with its close proximity to university of London.



Today we did the more typical London tourist attractions including London eye, big Ben, and buckingham palace. The rain has been coming down but has not really been much of a worry. We enjoyed a drink in the famous hide park in western London. Serpentine bar and kitchen is a greatLaplace in the middle of hide park. The rollerbladers were out in full force doing their little cone tricks which was pretty cool. Tonight we will be returning to soho for some fish and chips and some saturday festivities. Cheers!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb