Legoland and Museums of Science and Natural History


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
August 14th 2009
Saved: April 27th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Your country needs you...Your country needs you...Your country needs you...

to come up with more "great ideas."
On Monday we went to the London Science Museum to see a special exhibit featuring our dear friends, Wallace and Grommit. The focus was on inventions and other "great ideas" and the importance of copyright and patents, etc. It was really fun and educational and well-designed. We learned there is a Wallace and Grommit movie we haven't seen yet! It's called "A Matter of Loaf and Death" and we can't wait to find it at home.

Later on we walked around Covent Garden and the Neal's Yard area. The boys bought some clothes at some cool vintage shops. Heading for the Tube at Tottenham Court Yard, we passed Simon Callow on the street! He had been in "Waiting for Godot" which Clark and I saw last week.

Tuesday was Legoland! What to say? The target age group is from 5 - 12, so obviously Rhys enjoyed it the most. The lines were long, but we did get on to one roller coaster. I think we enjoyed the large area full of Lego creations, such as Mini-London, as much as anything else in the park.




Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom

Grommit's GardenGrommit's Garden
Grommit's Garden

We think this is the actual set from "The Curse of the Were-Rabbit."
Bob and DarwinBob and Darwin
Bob and Darwin

In the Great Hall of the Natural History Museum. This one room is absolutely amazing.
Royal Albert HallRoyal Albert Hall
Royal Albert Hall

Bob and Clark went to see a multiple pianos concert here last Sunday afternoon.
Statue of Victoria outside Kensington PalaceStatue of Victoria outside Kensington Palace
Statue of Victoria outside Kensington Palace

Does anyone know how many statues of Victoria there are in London? My guess would be dozens.
The Land of the VikingsThe Land of the Vikings
The Land of the Vikings

Brought to you by Denmark.
Johnny Thunder Show at LegolandJohnny Thunder Show at Legoland
Johnny Thunder Show at Legoland

This was an action-packed tale, with tumblers, divers, and jet skis. It was silly, but actually kind of fun.
Mini LondonMini London
Mini London

This was really quite impressive, although the relative scale of the different buildings was not right.


Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb