London Day 7


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
August 18th 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was fantastic!!!! We climbed 530 steps in 20 minutes. If you don’t beleive us search St. Pauls Cathedral and Golden Gallery. The view was superb, but we only had about 5 minutes at the top because it was closing. The weather up there was not great. It was super windy and cold. We could see and approaching rain cloud. Good thing started descending befor the rain I would not have wanted to descend the stairs with wet shoes.
Speaking of the stair case.... Descending from the top there were two filghts of stairs that were only a few inches wider than ourselves with no railings and no lights. It was very unnerving . It took over twenty minutes for our legs to stop shaking.
Yesterday we went to Harrod’s. It too was sensory overload. There were thousands of people milling about and it seemed like just as many employees. I checked out the Diana and Dodi memorial (how cheesy). There were plenty of high end goods in the store. J saw a 14000 GBP Dragon. What would one do with a Dragon anyhow?
How do you pronounce these words? Plough, Through, Bourrough, Slough, Thorough, and Cough. Is there a consistent rule when it comes to the suffix -OUGH? Can you think of any more -OUGH words.
Back to our wild life sightings today we added two animals to our list: Squirrels and 1 Crow. As for domesticated animals or farm livestock: Cows , 1 horse, a few dogs. Of course they have to be around just not in the downtown areas.
The Changing of the Guards was cancelled today. We do not know if we will make it there tomorrow. We waited 30 minutes for it to start. During the wait, J photographed everything she could from 1 square foot.


PLEASE COMMENT ON OUR PHOTOS!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb