British Museum and Herrods


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 3rd 2008
Published: July 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Peter Weller at KokoPeter Weller at KokoPeter Weller at Koko

Rush's first punk concert!
From Rush = Today Uncle Matt and I went to the British Museum and then ate lunch with the cusins then we wemt to Herrods. Wewalked the entire time we were there!! We also went to the Forbidden Planet Mega store. If you are wondering what that is it is a sci-fi store. We had thai food for dinner. It was great! I had noodle soup. Well thats it for me bye.

From Vance - great day, only one more meeting this morning and now it is all for fun....herrods had a fossil and crystal room that blew my mind (dont worry baby, i didn't buy anything)....have been washing rush's stinky socks in the sink along with our clothes...rush got a double decker toy bus for jett henry, it is very cool...great to meet some cousins...i think we are related to everyone in texas...tomorrow we head for stonehenge, and are going to ship a few things back home..matt warned me not to overpack, but as usual i didn't listen, and had to find out for myself...y'all take care....willie, kiss jett and yourself for me

From Matt - Unbridled capitalism at its best! Herrods. I actually enjoyed it. We saw some beach towels on sale £60 - thats over 120 US. What a deal. The Toy Kingdom which so intrigued Rush was great! I couldn't help but smile the whole time I was in there. The sales staff were all over the place and very friendly and helpful. I wish I could sell my furniture at their prices! I could retire.

Now to the educational stuff. The British Museum is incredible! I could probably spend 2 days slowly moving through there. With Rush we sped it up a little. Their Ancient Egypt section is way cool. I hope there are some things left in Cairo. Seems like all the good stuff is here! I had always wanted to see the Rosetta Stone in person and I was not let down. What an incredible artifact. They had a display of North American Indian arrowheads. I've seen better in personal collections of friends and family in West Texas. Maybe we should sell some to The British Museum. We found The Crystal Skull that they bought at auction a few years ago and it turned out to be a fake! It was still impressive.

Lunch with the cousins was great. Fish
Changing of the GuardChanging of the GuardChanging of the Guard

Always crowded!
and chips again. Caroline Dennison and her daughter were the cousins we had not met before. Jim and Bonnie we knew from the McGinty Reunion 2 years ago. Jim and Bonnie are in London with friends for about a week. Caroline et al, are on their way back home from a trip through Budapest, Vienna, Salztburg and London. It was coincidence that the three groups were all in London at the same time. Small world. Carolines husband is a geologist making it even a smaller world. Who knows who we will run into before this trip is over.

Last night - We were invited guests to a club called KOKO. The building is an old theatre built in 1900. The first performance there was by Charlie Chaplin. Madonna performed there early in her career and Prince has done shows in there. The Band we saw was Peter Weller. Far from an acoustic performance as I said last night. They tore up the house with old school punk reminiscent of The Clash. We were above the mosh pit looking down and Rush was enjoying it all.

We are going to try the pics again tonite. I think we've figured it out.

Tomorrow - Stonehenge

Miss you all.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Tower BridgeTower Bridge
Tower Bridge

Father and Son


4th July 2008

Looks Like FUN
Looks like you are all having fun. What a trip for Rush.
4th July 2008

Way Cool
Ya'll sound like you are going tooooooo hard. Slow down and smell the roses. Ha. Enjoy it all. The pictures are GREAT!! Love ya'll, and can't wait for the next blog.
4th July 2008

hey
you guys are so lucky i wish i was there -austin woltman p.s. the chiefs are better
4th July 2008

question
At Long's Court-- WC2 is this the distance to the Water Closet?
5th July 2008

how?
How did the McGinty cousins meet up in London?? Cool man, cool.
5th July 2008

WOW
HEY VANCE SOUNDS LIKE YA HAVEING A GOOD TIME, WE'LL KEEP UPDATING.. HAVE FUN
7th July 2008

Hope you're having fun
I just go back from AZ and checked out your blog. looks like your having fun. Love you.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb