Celebration Party: Celebrations, raffle evening for the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust...and comedy laughs with Rob Brydon!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 30th 2008
Published: June 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Saturday 30 May - After successfully completing the Pennine Way to raise money for the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust and receiving such amazing support from our family and friends over the last year, we decided to celebrate and show our thanks by hosting a party at Beauberry House in Dulwich, London.

We were extremely lucky to be joined by about 110 guests, which included family, friends, a representative from the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust, Helen Wilkinson, their Marketing and Services Director who very kindly offered to speak on behalf of the charity and none other than Gavin and Stacey's 'Uncle Bryn' - Rob Brydon! Rob was incredibly funny and kept us all very amused. He did a remarkable job and we were very grateful to him for hosting the evening for us. Our friend Claire must have had a luck on her side, as she almost won all of the prizes! However, very kindly she asked for one of the prizes to be drawn again...or as Rob said, "the room would have turned..." Rob and his wife are friends of ours, so we were very honoured that he came and hosted the night for us.

Helen from the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust had the daunting task of speaking after Rob, but she followed on extremely well and delivered both an informative and lovely speech on behalf of the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust. We were very touched and moved to hear from Helen that some of the fundraising money raised will go towards a project to train doctors and nurses in the diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy by way of an interactive training day next year. It feels like we will be really helping to make a real difference to the lives of other women and their families who might be sadly affected by ectopic pregnancy in the future. Hopefully the doctors and nurses will leave the training day feeling more informed and aware of the signs to be aware of relating to this life threatening condition.

We were very thankful to have the assistance of Helen's Wilkinson's husband Tom and her sister Gill, who carried out a fantastic job of selling raffle tickets; prizes included a Day Spa Voucher for two people at the Amida Spa in Beckenham, Kent, a meal for two at Beauberry House and a romantic night away for two. Tom and Gill also enthusiastically encouraged guests to purchase special 10th birthday Ectopic Pregnancy Trust lapel pin badges which were commissioned to help raise awareness of ectopic pregnancy and mark the Trust's 10th birthday year. We are very proud to announce that from the sales of the raffle tickets and the Trust's lapel pin badges a wonderful £346.00 was raised. Thank you so much for all of your donations.

It was a lovely evening, and wonderful to share it with some of the very special people who have supported us in our fundraising effort and helped us to raise just over £10,000 to date. Spending the evening with some of the people that have shown us so much love during the last traumatic year made the evening even more memorable for us both.

Thank you to everyone who was able to attend the evening, it meant so much to have you there.

If you would like to donate towards our fundraising effort please go to www.ectopic.org.uk/fundraising/?p=46 - thank you for all of your support. Best wishes, Lavinia and Steve


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb