London, Liverpool and London again.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
April 21st 2008
Published: April 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Face of London.Face of London.Face of London.

Hey, it's a clock face, OK.
Well, so much for relaxing. This is more intense than India. Jetting in from the sub-continent our feet had barely touched the ground in London before we were wisked off to Liverpool by Doug and Nancy and forced to watch a football match between Everton and Chelsea. Oh well ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Seriously though it was fantastic. My first Premiership game and my first Chelsea game all in one. I LOVED it, right up until Chelsea scored. We were sitting in the Everton supporters stand and I was nearly beaten up for cheering the goal. I was warned not to cheer, but I never would have believed the reaction that I got. Oh well, still alive.

While we were up in Liverpool, our friend Karen and her hubby Mark took good care of us, showing us the sites and putting us up in their home. For a small city, Liverpool is chock a block with things to see. The Beatles museum, the docks, the footy and of course the "Ferry 'cross the Mersey. Lots of fun and not enough time.

Back to London and Amanda's house in Feltam. She and Billy her flatmate were really
Everton 0 - Chelsea 1Everton 0 - Chelsea 1Everton 0 - Chelsea 1

I got the result that I wanted and got away in one piece.
great and made us feel at home. Amanda and her friend Jules took us to a swank Latin nightclub, unfortunately LesGirl and I were shattered by this point and fell asleep in our Chorizo fritatas. Sorry guys.

One more day of sightseeing we knew that it would be impossible to fit much in. I went to see my hockey buddy Paul at his ritzy new pad near Hyde park, while LG caught some much needed sleep in Feltham. Then she caught up with me in town and we did the London Eye, a great way to see most of London from one spot. Not ones to know when to stop, we then caught up with another old friend Alison. She happens to live within spitting distance of ...... Stamford Bridge, the home of the Chelsea Blues. Again, out to dinner and drinks. We could hardly keep our eyes open by the time we got to bed.

Too many people to see, not enough time. We'll be back.

Finally the day of departure and we're flying back home. A mind boggling 46 days, 8 flights, 3 countries and one fantastic time. Thanks to everyone who made it what
LesGirl and Karen on top of the world.LesGirl and Karen on top of the world.LesGirl and Karen on top of the world.

Up on the top of the Liverpool Cathedral.
is was, a trip of a lifetime.





Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Me and Paul near Hyde Park.Me and Paul near Hyde Park.
Me and Paul near Hyde Park.

Paul scored large getting a pad in this 'hood.
London Eye view of the city. London Eye view of the city.
London Eye view of the city.

Great views from the top of the Eye.
Houses of Parliament and the Clock Tower. Houses of Parliament and the Clock Tower.
Houses of Parliament and the Clock Tower.

Super way to see the city in one place in a half hour.
LesGirl and Alison outside World's End.LesGirl and Alison outside World's End.
LesGirl and Alison outside World's End.

Fortunately the shops were all closed by this time.
Time to go.Time to go.
Time to go.

Waiting for the taxi to the airport outside Amanda's place in Feltham.


Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb