London....take 1


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
April 5th 2007
Published: April 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

For our first trip down to London town we caught the bus, which was a long, boring 5½ hour oddysey. We stopped through Manchester on the way and it’s a pretty funky city. As we arrived in London we were amazed by the beautiful old buildings, gardens and tree-lined streets. It was cool as well seeing some of the famous streets off the Monopoly board! We walked from the bus station into Regent street and stopped past Buckingham Palace on the way. The Queen wasn't at home but they still needed guys out the front with machine guns. We sorted out some bank stuff before catching the “Tube” out to Rach’s where we had her fantastic Turkish pizza and some wine with her and her flatties.

After breaky the next morning we walked down along the Thames before heading in to check out a few of the sights… Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Parliament, and the Tower of London where we did a tour with a "Beefeater" and saw (replicas of) the Crown Jewels.

After our Tower tour we met up with Jess Chad for a beer at a pub in Covent Garden, a groovy area of town with
Westminster AbbeyWestminster AbbeyWestminster Abbey

Karen and Rach in front of Westminster Abbey
markets, shops and entertainers. Suzi, a long-time London addict, and Rachael also met us there later and we went for dinner at Wagamamas. It was great to catch up with everyone.

After a gourmet burger at ground the next day our too short trip was over and we headed to the bus…. Which was delayed for hours by a traffic accident so it was a very long trip home!

We left London very keen to go back, but less keen to catch the bus!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Tower of LondonTower of London
Tower of London

Some guy wearing a funny hat whilst protecting the Crown Jewels


Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb