The Play’s the Thing


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 10th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 13: Thurs, May 10th

Today we said goodbye to the Countryside, and headed back to the City. We turned in the car, and got an early 9am train back into London. It’s only an hour ride, so we got to our Hotel too early to get a room. We left our luggage at the Hotel and headed straight out to explore. We took the Tube to King’s Cross Station, immediately looked for Platform 9 ¾, and ofcourse took the usual silly photos.

From here it was one stop to The British Museum. I’ve wanted to go here for so long. The collection is amazing. It really is the World’s attic. We spent a good 4 hours looking through the Egypt, Rome, Greece, and early European collections and still probably only saw a quarter of the collection. Our feet were very tired after this. So, when we finally got back to our hotel we just crashed. That museum takes a lot out of you!

We got back up just in time to grab a quick dinner and make our 7:30 play time for “Othello” at The Globe. I had bought my tickets by phone a few weeks back,
Platform 9 3/4, you think you're being funny...
and the seats were great. Right in the middle of the Stage, and covered, which was a good thing because it was sprinkling. The show was so good. There is nothing like Shakespeare being performed by proper actors. Really enjoyed it!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



19th May 2007

Whatever
Whatever Haydee, you're the one who was like "we need to go see Platform 9 3/4s at Kings cross station!" You're the dork!

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb