Aussie visitors


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
January 6th 2007
Published: February 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

January has been a great start to 2007, with two groups of friends visiting already!

First up were Gilsey and Damo on a whirlwind visit to London after skiing in Switzerland. Was great to catch up with them for dinner and to catch up on all the goss.

Next, and for a more extended visit, were Caps and Tan - who stayed with me for a few nights in London before we headed off on the ‘Great St Anton Ski Adventure’. We also caught up with Caps’s brother and his fiancé who are living in London for a short stint (3 months).

We had enough time to do some touristy things - a cruise from Westminster Bridge to Greenwich, where we checked out Observatory and the home of Greenwich Mean Time (cue an excessive number of jokes along the lines of 'Does anyone have the time?') and stood with one foot in each of the Eastern and Western Hemispheres (somehow not as exciting as the equator), some shopping and a couple of different English pubs (of course).

I can’t tell you how great it was to see these guys so, if you are at all considering a visit, please do!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Meridian laserMeridian laser
Meridian laser

This laser shines out along the prime meridian for about 16 kms


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb