Xmas and New Years


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
January 3rd 2007
Published: January 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Xmas eveXmas eveXmas eve

Matt came down for xmas eve so it was great to catch up with him. We ate at the walkabout and got given these hats!
Well it wasn't a white Christmas I'm sad to say, although it was pretty cold! I spent the day at home with my flatties who went and bought a massive amount of food and booze. Actually it was a pretty Christmassy day, we even had a tree! The decorations wern't too flash but seeing pressies all laying there made it feel like a real xmas. I felt a bit bad because I didn't buy anyone anything and suddenly all these presents for me started to appear!

We then had food which consisted of a roast chicken, pork (with crackling), beef and lots of veggies. It was great. After that it was pretty much just alot of drinking and chatting and generally enjoying the night.

The next day I was convinced to start drinking pretty early, and despite my protests that I had to go to work the next day, ended up getting pretty shit faced with Ryan, Nick and Diago. The following day at work wasn't too good!

For New Years I took a train up to Newcastle with my old flattie Melissa and went to visit another old flattie Alice who lives up there with her folkes.
Xmas peopleXmas peopleXmas people

The xmas flatties. From the left; Jess, Ryan, Jax, Nick, Diago, Lorey.
The girls and I had got on really well down in London so I was really looking forward to hanging out with them again. We got into Newcastle station about 11pm and were whisked from there straight to a 21st for a friend of Alice's, everyone there was really dressed up, so Melissa and I felt a bit scummy, but it was fun to chat to some Geordie people! When I could understand what they were saying that is.

The next day Alice's day took us on a drive round the city to see a bit of it and a few of the sights, and of course visit a few of the local watering holes. Just as Alice's Dad took off to leave us walking around in the city it started pelting down with rain and a howling wind so we got soaked. The weather didn't really let up at all so it wasn't with much surprise that we found the city that night was very quiet for a New Year's eve. We ended up spending the countdown in a halfempty club, but it was fun to just get a bit pissed and hang out with the girls. The
The food!The food!The food!

Not a bad spread.
night came to rather an abrupt end when Melissa went running out the club and was violently ill outside. At first it seemed she had just drunk too much but soon became apparent that it was more than just the drink, she was really sick. Alive ended up calling an ambulance as we got really worried. Suffice to say that Alice and I spent the next two and a half hours sitting in Newcastle A&E with all the other drunk and beaten up people from the night's revelry and tried to keep Melissa awake as by this stage we thought maybe her drink had been spiked and wern't sure if sleep would be a good idea. Eventually she saw a doctor who gave a brief (and I mean brief) examination and told us to take her home. So it was a pretty eventful night in the end. Melissa felt like shit the next day and we really don't know what made her so sick, but she hadn't had near enough alcohol to be in the way that she was.

The next day I was treated to a hot bath and a great long massage from Alice (the massage, not
Getting ready to eat.Getting ready to eat.Getting ready to eat.

Ready, set, go!
the bath!) which was quite fantastic and I was so relaxed afterwards I could barely move. Unfortunatly I had to catch a train back home and then get up for work the next day...

And so the daily grind commences again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Boxing nightBoxing night
Boxing night

Ryan and I a little worse for drink...
Boxing night funBoxing night fun
Boxing night fun

Playing with Diago's xmas present. You don't want to know what is pressed up against this... A piece of male anatomy to give a clue.
Training it upTraining it up
Training it up

Mel and I on the train to Newcastle.
Angel drivebyAngel driveby
Angel driveby

The Angel of the North. Very famous don't you know. Well Alice's Dad sure was proud!
Suicide bridgeSuicide bridge
Suicide bridge

Apparently alot of people jump of it or hang themselves from it. I just liked it.
PubPub
Pub

Quaint little pub we had a beer in. Tried to go back at night and it was PACKED! Talk about firerisk. One super fast drink with Alice's parents and we were out of that sardine can.
Alice and MelAlice and Mel
Alice and Mel

Good friends.
Me and the girlsMe and the girls
Me and the girls

In the Long Bar. It was.
We all fall down.We all fall down.
We all fall down.

Pole dancing and alcohol take their toll on balance.


28th March 2007

Ohmygod!-how pissed do i look on there!hehe.Brings back some rather fond memories.Great to see the photos (and glad to know you've put all the clean ones up Lol).I have some other ones aswell, so will email them to you.Great reading keep it up and look forward to you and Michelle coming up to newcastle (its better in the summer-honest)!.Axxx.

Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb