An Afternoon in London, An Evening At the Globe


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 22nd 2021
Published: August 1st 2021
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast we packed up, had the front desk call a taxi, and then off to the train station. It was back to London.

We had to purchase new tickets for the Shakespeare Globe as we missed the performances due to our quarantine. The performance of “As You Like It” was tonight at 7 pm.

We’d planned to go to Harrod’s in the afternoon, as Zaya wanted to do some shopping there, but we had to get Covid testing in order to return to the US in 2 days. I found that United had different approved testing facilities but had a walk-in facility that was approved and close by the hotel.

We got to the hotel, dropped off our bags and quickly walked to the bus stop. The testing did not take long after signing in. The signing in took longer than the tests.

After testing we did not have long to get back to the hotel, check in, get our bags up to our room and get to the Globe. We dropped the idea of Harrods and focused on the Globe.

Because our bus stop was close to the Borough Market, we decided to stop there for food, if anything was still open, then that would be mostly dinner. We went into the food area only to find that things were changed around and the food stalls were in a different area. By the time we got to the stalls only a couple were open. We ended up buying the last chicken curry and rice meal and splitting it 3 ways. Fortunately, there were large chunks of chicken in the bowl so we all got plenty to eat. We also knew that we’d get food at the Globe, as I’d paid for food and drinks so we would not go hungry.

The performance was, as usual, really fun. I did have to explain things to Zaya as she did not know the story and with the accent it was sometimes difficult to follow. But there were lots of funny times and we all had a good laugh.

After the performance we sat on a bench by the river, eating our leftover Globe food and drinking wine. We watched the people come and go on foot, bikes and skates.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.388s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb