A Day to Play in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 20th 2021
Published: July 29th 2021
Edit Blog Post

We had tickets to Les Mis for tonight and we didn’t want to miss this one theater that we still had reservations for. The theater was set to start at 7 pm so we did have the day to play.

Zaya wanted to see the Big Ben and that seemed a good place to start. We went by the London Eye and decided that we could do that if we could finish up the other sites. We walked to Big Ben but it was covered with scaffolding, then went on to Buckingham Palace but the Queen did not come out to wave at us. Alas!

As we walked from our hotel, there is a square where there always seems to be something going on. Today there was a guy who was juggling knives and then knives and a fire stick. Then he stood on top of a table with boards sitting on rollers. He stood on these boards and then juggled his knives and fire. I was really quite nervous for him but he managed to perform his act.

From Buckingham Palace we walked to Harrods for a very late lunch and Zaya was so excited to be there. The amazing amounts of chocolate in the chocolate room, the meats, the cakes and of course the Harry Potter stuff! We took her downstairs to were they sell the souvenirs and she was determined to go back.

After Harrods we made a mistake in that we consulted Google Maps for the walk back to the hotel. The walk was over 1 hour, ugh. It was hot and humid so we were not happy. We walked the hour, changed our clothes then walked another ½ hour to the theater. We were tired by the time the show started but we did have wine waiting for us.

The show was so good. We saw it 1-1/2 years ago and it was great but had more acting. In this production there was not so much acting but the music was really just as good.

It was the following day, we saw that we could have taken the tube from Harrods to the hotel, just didn’t think of it at the time as we have walked this before, we could have saved time and effort. Well live and learn.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.49s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1843s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb