London - Thursday 13/12/18


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
December 13th 2018
Published: September 6th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today was the day to pick up the Christmas tree Ron had ordered so we all drove up to Redhill to collect it and bring it back. It was left outside for a few nights to drop any excess pine needles before being brought inside.

Christine and Jean were going to a Christmas Lights event at Kew Gardens and managed to get an extra ticket for me so I could go with them.

We all met up at Victoria Station at 2:30pm and caught the tube to Kew on the green District line and went for an early meal at a restaurant called Antipodean.

Our tickets had an entry time of 5:40pm, so we left the restaurant at 5:30pm and walked down the street to the entrance to Kew Gardens. There was a special trail set up which wound around the gardens for about 3km. Trees were lit up with floodlights and there were light displays and holograms through a fountain on the lake. The temperature was around 2 degrees but it was a fine night so we were lucky with the weather.

After wandering around for a couple of hours, we walked back to the train station to catch the tube back to Victoria and then the train back to Coulsdon South.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb