Summer in London - Day 42


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
August 5th 2018
Published: August 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Bye LondonBye LondonBye London

It was nice visiting... see you again next year.
Day 42 - To Home. London, We will Miss You

We finished packing up in the morning and tried to eat all of the remaining food. We arranged a car through a car service, which ended up being less expensive than Uber or Taxi to LHR has been. We had 7 rollers and 3 backpacks and were not interested in navigating the underground, even on a weekend. Because of our checkout time, we ended up at LHR 5 hours before our flight. That was good because it took nearly 30 minutes to re-balance our bags so they were all under limit (which they strictly enforce on occasion). I am glad we bought Michelle 2 bags!




During the flight, Tony opened the window shade as we passed over the east coast of Greenland. It was beautiful with jagged mountains, long fjords, ice flows, glaciers, and a huge number of icebergs. Later in the flight, just over the Sierras near Yosemite, Tony opened the window shade again to see a sea of “not clouds” (a.k.a smoke) and a huge plume coming from one of the “smaller” fires near Yosemite.



Global Entry made customs
Typical FlightTypical FlightTypical Flight

Michelle watching TV, Anne reading, Tony sleeping with his wall of soft things.
a breeze, but finding the Car Rental shuttle and navigating through construction and masses of people to get to the stop was harrowing, especially since we were very tired. A stop at IHOP, a smooth drive home, and we were happily greeted by the dog and both cats before we crashed in our own bed, at last.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

East Coast of GreenlandEast Coast of Greenland
East Coast of Greenland

Very pretty.. from up here.. very cold down there.
Welcome HomeWelcome Home
Welcome Home

Thanks California.. Just.. thanks. (note: "clouds" are smoke from major fires)


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0965s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb