We made it


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
November 6th 2006
Published: November 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi,

This is just a very quick message to say 'mission accomplished!'. We made it into Monaco, having cycled around 1060 miles, on Saturday 28th October. The journey was amazing and surprisingly free of drama, we only had one night of rain the whole two weeks and arrived at the South coast just in time for a second summer. We had one puncture, about six broken spokes, one set of bent forks, several aching ankles and a pair of bruised knees.

We realise we've been a bit crap in keeping the blog up to date, but Lyon really was the only opportunity we had to get online. All the other days we were on the road from dusk till dawn and usually ended up in some campsite out in the middle of nowhere, but we should have the photos up on the site by the end of this week so you can see the evidence for yourselves.

Thanks for all your support whilst we were away and in the run up to departure, it meant a lot to us. A big thanks also to Mama and Papa Achilli (and the inimitable Ralf) for putting us up in Menton at the end of the trip. You were kind enough feed us and ply us with booze on the hour every hour, all despite us smelling of two weeks camping.

All the best, and see you soon,

Fran, Marie, Paresh and Simon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb