Back in London to support Wales and Ireland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Twickenham
March 18th 2008
Published: March 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We (well, the real Welsh) are the ChampionsWe (well, the real Welsh) are the ChampionsWe (well, the real Welsh) are the Champions

Celebrating the Welsh win at where else, The Fox.
Back from Spain in the wee hours coming from Stansted is quite the adventure when you have to depend on night buses. Made it back safe and sound and slept in proper to be well rested for the 6 nations final! We stayed in to properly watch Wales win the Grand Slam (all 5 of their matches). After the win ( and a couple Takeshi's Castles) we were off to The Fox to celebrate! I have to admit it was fun to receive the congratulations of the fellow six nationers, then have to explain I am Canadian. Hello! How many blonde, blue eyed Welsh do you know?? After they ran out of Guiness (the Irish were playing the English at Twick) we headed for home, but we decided to have a cheeky one at the Three Kings on the way back. That turned out to be a good decision as soon after an Irish band kicked up there. Needless to say, they ran out of Guiness too.

After a quiet day of recovery on Sunday, we did it again on Monday for St. Patrick's day at Captain Morgan's. Harry, one of the musicians is a regular there and I knew him from when he worked in the kitchen at Kraft Foods. Laurent, who now lives in London, joined us after just flying in from his cocoa inspection tour of the Ivory Coast. He was the young frenchman I got to know while staying at the "Le Capitaine" in Tombeau Bay on Mauritius. It is a small world.

Today I leave for Oslo, Norway, but I'll be back again soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

St. PaddySt. Paddy
St. Paddy

Slainte from Captain Morgan's in Brentford!
Harry and the lads of EireHarry and the lads of Eire
Harry and the lads of Eire

For a pair of brown eyes...


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb