32 Warwick Gardens, N4 1JG


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Tottenham
October 9th 2012
Published: October 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Having volunteered for 2 Willow Road, Hampstead on 22 September, I was given 2 badges of Priority Entry for London’s historic houses. We read through the guide of Open House London 2012, and decided to visit 32 Warwick Gardens, N4 1JG on Sunday afternoon.



After the lunch, we took the No.141 bus, got off on St Ann’s Road, and walked to Warwick Avenue. Despite the rainy weather, quite a few visitors were looking round the house. I spoke to one of the ushers how the modern family living room has been remodelled from Victorian mid-terrace house. She explained: In order to create more usable open space for the modern family living, they decided to remove all of Victorian fireplaces and mantelpieces, internal walls which divided on living room to the other and kitchen and dining room. Having kitchen and dining room been incorporated, the space for the merged room was enlarged to the same width as the garden. The extension also features a large rooflight and sliding glass windows which provides a light filled open-plan eating and living area, as well as the easy access to the garden.



We also looked at the bedrooms and bathroom on the first floor and loft room, which was recently converted from the attic place. Like 2 Willow Road, the adult’s bedroom was featured with the minimalist design using white wardrobes and low standing bed. We noted large sliding windows in the child room so that it would allow him/her to see fine views of London, as well matching with vertical rectangular shaped windows of the reception room on the ground floor.



The loft room looked spacious as well. There were loads of interior magazines on the bookshelves. I felt the owners spend a lot of time and money on remodelling the modern family living space whilst keeping the brick façade to blend with the neighbouring houses.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1126s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb