New Year Celebration under the Lockdown


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Tottenham
January 2nd 2021
Published: January 2nd 2021
Edit Blog Post

We continued having a lovely time together in London.



On 29th December we went to Highgate Wood for a walk. There were a lot of families with children and dogs on the woodland. The café was doing takeaway and serving refreshments for walkers; the toilet was open as well.

We also found the Queen’s Wood opposite to Highgate Wood and entered there after finishing the circular course on the Highgate Wood. Queen’s Wood Café was shut on 29th December, but saw loads of walkers. In contrast to Highgate Woods, Queen’s Wood’s lies on the hilly side and contains a number of slopes, which I thought makes its landscape more interesting. We saw two little ponds on the foot of hilly footpath.



During the festive period, we have found some interesting TV programmes – Carols from King’s, The Repair Shop, Black Narcissus, Sounds of Music and New Year’s Day Concert from Vienna – and I watched a couple of Lucy Worsley’s history programmes on the iPlayer.



We did a big shop on 30th December; Mark bought a smoked basa for me to cook New Year’s Day.

As with normal year, we
Queen's Wood CafeQueen's Wood CafeQueen's Wood Cafe

Beautiful Swiss style chalet, but closed on 29th December
didn’t go to central London for New Year’s Celebration. We could hear many people setting off fireworks around Wood Green on New Year’s Eve. I have asked other colleagues, who lives in Finchley and Colindale if there were a lot of fireworks – they said many folks were setting off fireworks.

We got up just after 9 o’clock on New Year’s Day. Before having a big meal, we decided to do walk on Alexandra Park in the morning. In contrast to Boxing Day’s morning, it was rather cloudy and misty – we couldn’t see much from the landing of Alexandra Palace. We decided to go to the lake behind the lake. Paddle boats were stationed in the middle of the lake, but the lake saw a flock of water birds – ducks, coots, herons, geese and seagulls – and they attracted visitors.

After coming back home, I started cooking New Year’s meal; I cooked the smoked basa, stirring with sprouts, spring onion and garlic, flavoured with cream sauce and served with lentil. Mark enjoyed the meal cooked by his wife.



As of 2nd January 2021, the Covid infection rate is quite high in London; it seems that we have to wait for a while before going back to work. I feel quite optimistic about Covid vaccine rollouts across the UK, although I may not be able to take it so soon. We had a pretty difficult year in 2020 and hope the situation will improve soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Our New Year's Day dinnerOur New Year's Day dinner
Our New Year's Day dinner

Smoke basa, stirring with sprouts, spring onion and garlic, served with lentil mixed with cougettes


3rd January 2021

2020 now 2021
It is so good to read what you have been doing . I am so pleased that you are able to have enjoyable walks, and , as always , I love your photographs
3rd January 2021

2020 now 2021
It is so good to read what you have been doing . I am so pleased that you are able to have enjoyable walks, and , as always , I love your photographs
3rd January 2021

thanks
Thanks for your kind comments
3rd January 2021

thanks
Thanks for your kind comments

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb