Nearly There


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Thamesmead
April 18th 2006
Published: April 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Kiwi ReunionsKiwi ReunionsKiwi Reunions

Myself, Sarah & Uje outside a dungeon at London Bridge.
The final week of my stay in London became more and more frenetic as the day of Ive’s wedding drew closer. The pace sped up and tempers shortened, but such is life.

On Tuesday Uje, Ubani and myself set off to Woolwich town centre with a list of items needed to the wedding. Given that London is not big on shopping malls, we assumed that there would be a high street of some sort. Having trouble finding the place we asked for directions and were greeted with confused expressions and shrugging of shoulders. Note to self - Woolwich Town Centre is not the best for a shopping spree.

The evening was more fruitful as Uje & I met up with a NZ friend at London Bridge. We learned very important lessons about London public transport that night. Namely that one can catch a train for free from Plumstead to London Bridge, but that you cannot get out of the station unless you have a ticket!

Some normality was restored in our lives when we went to a shopping mall on Thursday. Like I said before London doesn’t really do malls - so this place was an hour outside
London BridgeLondon BridgeLondon Bridge

London Bridge at night
London in a random location called Blue Water next to a quarry. Strangely enough that place was packed!

Good Friday - the day before Ive’s wedding felt really bizarre. Instead of everything being closed down, we were able to go to Oxford Circus for some last minute essentials. It almost felt like a mistake - people were shopping as if the world was ending the next day! The good thing was that we got what we needed. Since we were in the city we took a detour by Harrods on the way home. It’s a fantastic store, and the only things I will ever be able spend my money on and sleep at night are Krispy Kreme Donoughts! To make the day even better I was shoved out the way to make room for the owner of Harrods - Mr Al-Fayed himself! Unfortunately it all happened too quick and I was unable to get a picture.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Traditional WeddingTraditional Wedding
Traditional Wedding

Ive & me at her traditional wedding ceremony on Thursday.
High Class ShoppersHigh Class Shoppers
High Class Shoppers

Uje & I outside Harrods.
Beautiful LadiesBeautiful Ladies
Beautiful Ladies

The Bride and her Bridesmaids. Don't the look lovely!
After the wedding CeremonyAfter the wedding Ceremony
After the wedding Ceremony

The lovely Bride & Groom with work mates & NZ friends.
Funky PeoplesFunky Peoples
Funky Peoples

Some gate crashers. Don't know who they are.


20th April 2006

Wedding of the Year
Tell Ive she looks fantastic - and we hope they will both be sooo happy. Who let the gatecrashers in? - (Mr Al Fayed had the right idea) - but they look funky lovely and fun. May all your journeys be as great as this one x

Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb