One Last Day In London and Our Trip


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Southwark
July 23rd 2021
Published: August 2nd 2021
Edit Blog Post

We had passes to the Tower with an entry of 10 am. We have walked there before but this time we took the tube, a quick ride to Tower Hill where the common people were executed back in the day.

I wanted Zaya to see King Henry VIII’s armor and where the kings and queens lived. We checked out the Crown Jewels first, which are always impressive. Crowns so large and heavy as to make a person lose inches in height.

From the Crown Jewels we went to the White Tower. I made sure that she saw the armor of Henry VIII, and how large it was around the middle.

After lunch we went to the torture chamber but there was not much to see.

Zaya had heard of the 2 boys who had disappeared and visited the room and window where they were reportedly last seen. She also had been in Roanoke, NC with us several years ago and visited the lost colony. She had seen the whole presentation on Sir. Walter Raleigh and his role there. Here in the Tower, she saw the room that he was confined to after his arrest. So, it tied the story together.

We were done with the Tower by 1 or so and Zaya still wanted to go to Harrod’s. Dale went back to the hotel and I decided that we’d hop into a cab.

Zaya and I found the coffee bar where I’d set myself up while she shopped. We’d found the escalators and then went back to the coffee bar so she’d know the way. I had myself a cappuccino and Zaya shopped.

After Zaya shopped I got her a piece of cheesecake as shopping made her hungry. Then we were off to the hotel.

We had tickets for the Globe again, this time Romeo and Juliette. For this performance there was a digital board on the stage. The play had been turned into a learning moment with messages about teens and suicide using the digital board and it was very effective. There was not a sound out of the audience as Romeo and Juliette are dying.

After the performance, as we had the night before, we sat for awhile by the river, watching people, drinking wine and just enjoying the night.

After 7-weeks on the road, this is the last day in London and our last day for this trip. It seems like we have been gone forever, but, then also that we just left and haven’t done anything yet!

London, until December, we love you! As for travel, well, stand by for our next adventures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



3rd August 2021

great content
To know about us,visit: https://rudrakshahub.com/

Tot: 0.521s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.2481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb