Theatre night...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Soho
September 8th 2017
Published: September 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After lazing in our room for the morning, about 12pm we caught the hotel shuttle bus to Stansted Airport train station for the 50 minute trip into London.

At Liverpool Street station, we came above ground and went across the road into the Railway Arms pub for a pear cider and some people-watching to break up the journey.

About 2:30pm, we left the pub and took the Underground to Tottenham Court Rd and came up an exit right beside the Dominion Theatre. I was able to collect our tickets early, so that avoided queuing later. We had time to kill before meeting Jo, Shelley and I walked around the block a few times looking in shops and found a place to eat, Cote Brasserie in Charlotte St, which had a good Pre-Theatre menu. We settled in here with a drink to chat until Jo, Jess and Martin arrived for dinner.

At 7pm, we walked back to the Dominion Theatre to see An American in Paris by George and Ira Gershwin. There was a lot of dance in the production and the dancers were very obviously classically trained in ballet. Both Shelley and I faded quite a bit as the night went on and I gave myself whiplash a few times as I fought off jetlag.

The show finished about 10:15pm and we caught the Underground back to Liverpool St Station and were lucky to get a train that was about to leave. We arrived at Stansted at 11:30pm and caught the midnight shuttle bus back to the hotel.



https://www.nederlander.co.uk/dominion-theatre/plan-your-visit-dominion-theatre/eat-drink-dominion-theatre

https://www.cote.co.uk/restaurant/details/charlottestreet

https://www.cote.co.uk/Downloads/Cote%20Charlotte%20St%20Set%20Menu.pdf


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



10th September 2017

Show
I loved the film of the show, but must admit that I love Theatre Productions best xxx
10th September 2017

Liverpool St Station
In the 60s I used to regularly take the train from home in Chingford to Liverpool St; bet it has all changed now, especially with the work done for the new Crossrail Underground station. There used to be a pub near the station where you could have a drink - as long as you didn't mind standing on the sawdust that was used to soak up dropped beer (and blood!).
11th September 2017

That was very likely the one we were in... It was 2pm though and the place was packed.

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb