Finally checked in


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Regent's Park
April 18th 2011
Published: April 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Just wanted to let everyone know that we arrived in London and are all very tired.

We had a long day and all are glad that we are finally checked into our hotel. We arrived in London around 8:45 AM and got thru customs with no issues... except that the customs officer wanted to know how much money the Deppes were bringing into the country. Didn't ask either Poysee or myself. We must not look like we would be carrying lots of $$$$!

We hopped into a cab and 70 pounds later and a minor wedding dress rehearsal parade (full of horses, carriages with stand in queen and princess, and gun brigade)after, we arrived at our hotel. Stored our bags and we were on our way.... The tube station is about a 3 minute walk away, so it's quite convienent. We figured out tube pass situation and we headed to Chinatown. Ended up having dim sum there... it was only so-so. Doesn't quite match the quality of Oriental East, but I was famished, so I still scarfed everything down. Neat thing... we were up on a higher floor than the rest of the restaurant (think pedestal) and they had to bring the food up to us... kind of odd... even odder... there was a wedding going on... Funny. Wedding in the middle of the afternoon on a MONDAY. Londoners certainly do things in their own way.

After lunch, we walked around a little Picadilly Square a little bit (Ann, I missed you!! It Picadilly Station brought back memories) and then we got on the hop-on-hop-off bus tour. They took us all around Central London. We got to see Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the London Eye, River Thames, Hyde Park... all the sights essentially. Of course we were all butt tired, so we stayed on the upper deck and just enjoyed being bused around! Afterwards we had Indian for dinner... Pretty good. I heard the Mango Lasses were good and the Samosas were delish as well! All in all, a productive good first day.

Tomorrow, we celebrate Ryan by going to Harrods, Kensington, maybe actually go on the Eye and maybe go into Parliament!

Oh... two minor botches... Aunt Poysee brought an expired CC and I forgot the one I was expecting to bring (Mary... I told you I felt like I was forgetting something!)

Good night all!!

Until next time!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb