London - The Sights Day Two and Madame Tusauds


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Mile End
June 3rd 2011
Published: June 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we did some more touristy things but it wasn’t as much as yesterday. We started our day with a walk around the Olympic Village. We stopped at one of the two New Zealand owned cafes to have a drink which had a good view of the main stadium. We walked around until we got to the other side of the stadium which had a better view of all the stadiums.

It looked like most of the stadiums were nearly done which was good. We had a look at some boards they had put up about the London Olympics which had a map of where all the stadiums are and it told us what stadiums were for what sport and also what they were going to do with the buildings after the Olympics. One of the stadiums which was described as a huge square bouncy castle was designed to be easily moved somewhere else after the Olympics possibly the Rio Olympics.

Our next place was the Tower of London. Our main reason for going there was to see the crown jewels which were pretty impressive. We had a quick look through the castle before lining up in the huge queue to see the crown jewels. Once we got in it was amazing to see all the jewels in there including some from Queen Elizabeth’s coronation. The amount of silver and gold in there as well as the size of some of the diamonds was unbelievable.

We then caught the ferry to Greenwich along the river Thames. We walked up the hill to the top which had a nice view of London. We took some photos on the Greenwich mean line then caught the DLR (kind of like a train but doesn’t have a driver) back to Rhonda’s.

On Friday we spent the morning shopping on Oxford Street before walking to Madame Tusauds in the afternoon. Madame Tusauds was crowded with people but we still managed to see and take photos of most wax celebrities although some tourists obviously didn’t know what a queue is. It was interesting to see the actual size of the celebrities. A lot were surprisingly short.

That night we went to Pricilla which was really good and funny despite having seats at the very top which were crammed in and very steep.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb