Deep into the mountain sound


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
July 28th 2012
Published: July 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Opening ActOpening ActOpening Act

- a band called "bear's den." I bought their album for 2 lbs and this guy signed it "chevy," after the hat he was wearing.
A ukelele, an accordion, a drum, and terrific set of vocals given to you by lead singer, Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir and you have one extraordinary band.

Few weeks back, I went with my Australian mate, James, to "The Scala" near the King's Cross train station, to see a performance by the indie/folk band "Of Monsters and Men."

The band consists of six members: 3 guitarists, a drummer, a piano/accordion player, and a bassist, all led under the direction of their two lead singers: Nanna and “Raggi” Þórhallsson. They play a fantastic set of indie/folk tunes from Iceland.

They have one album out at the moment My Head is an Animal, which includes their hit singles "Little Talks" and "Mountain Sound" and was released in Iceland in September 2011.

My favorite tune is "King and Lionheart" !

Rollingstone deems them as "the new Arcade Fire"

... check them out - you are sure to be charmed by their adorable wit, feet - tapping beat, and their stylish sweaters.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb