Dartmoor Heritage Trust


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

<span>Ending a beautiful night in Beer England with sitting on the beach and hiking up a large hill overlooking the ocean to the right and horses out at pasture to the left. The breath taking view hit all of us with ending the day planning an escape route from our bunks along with sharing life stories together. Waking up a short while after at about half past 7, our day started, heading to see the Dartmoor Ponies. Upon arrival, Tom, met the group and began a walk through the moor. Our first site included about five ponies waiting for our arrival. The ponies approached the group as if they wanted to play but for conservation purposes, it was best to leave Mother Nature alone. Seeing a tor and taking pictures of the amazing scenery we ended our visit at a local pub. Sitting with the same friends we shared laughs and steak rolls, and even pet the Newfoundland begging for our food. As we "squealed tires" we headed to London. With a four-hour bus ride (without AC), an incompetent bus driver, and a repetitive stall out, we made it to our hostel in London. Upon arrive I was impressed at the size of the city but not as impressed about the living situation for the next week. With some antibacterial wipes and 3 sheets to cover the mattresses and pillows, we placed all of the beds in line as we all laid our heads down to rest. Closing our night with the usual talk, we continued the bond we have all started thus far. Coming into the two-week marker, I am thankful for the wonderful people I have met on this trip and the cultural experiences we have all received. With little horse experience, I have obtained so more information that I never even thought about because of the smiling faces and wonderful teachers I have encountered.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb