A few days in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
August 18th 2010
Published: August 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

From Iceland we had a stopover in London for four nights. We were couchsurfing with a couple from NZ and they were fantastic. We ended up spending more time with them than exploring London, well we both have been before several times so not too much new things to visit. On our first day we went and had lunch with Erin which was very nice, well Diana had some grubs in her food but other than that it nice. Something freaky about the place Erin is living in, it is the exact same place I rented two years ago! Out of all the places in London to live we ended up in the exact same place without knowing is very freaky if you ask me.
Well we walked around quite a lot for the first two days and did a walking tour with our host which was very interesting and funny. Only a couple of museums as well but they were not to exciting, the Tate modern is not such a great place to visit but the falcon nesting on the roof is pretty cool to see. Think it is the fastest bird in the world living in London. We also managed to get tickets to go and watch Phantom of the Opera on the Saturday night. Turned out to fully booked and luck for us we had good seat, the back row in the grand circle so it is possible to sit on top of the seat and look over the top of everyone in front. It is such a fantastic show!

Our last day we hit the markets with Steve and Bronwyn for the day and since the sun was even out we had a massive bbq to finish the day of with a few other CS’ers from around the place and the next door neighbors. Turned out to be a very late night which was not the best since we had a very early start the next day.

So this time in London was more of a relaxing time than usual but still very nice to see the famous city once again.



Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 28; qc: 135; dbt: 0.1694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb