We went down a 193 stairs in a circle


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
July 27th 2010
Published: August 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We spent the day in London and now we are waiting for a cab to take us to our apartment. We left Marlow at 8:40 AM and were on several tube lines today. We are having a contest to see who has the best idea of the day and today Jeff won. The idea, going to a pub for lunch and a pint. It was great to sit and relax after a long morning of train travel. The worst idea was Tom's. We had to wait for a lift (elevator) to get to the tube at Covent Gardens. The line was long so Mr. Idea said lets take the stairs. 193 stairs that went down in a circle, we were all dizzy and the funniest part is that Julia led the crowd, it was easy for her. Julia gets the award for needing to go to the "toilet" at the most inconvenient times and Emma was the most helpful because she carried Julia's suitcase up a flight of stairs when there was no elevator or escalator available. Some of the tube stops are not as equipped as others and of course we arrived at the one that was least equipped. The girls did great all day but now they are ready for a shower. Tomorrow Buckingham Palace. I am expecting the Queen to see me then.

Linda gets the award for breaking the news to Jeff that a Speedo is required for swimming in the pool in Prades, France.

Cheers



Advertisement



2nd August 2010

HI
SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE HAVING A REALLY GOOD, FUN TIME and GETTING YOUR EXERCISE TOO. BE SAFE, LOVE TO ALL.

Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb